Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Reflections & sea mist

Reflections Palm Beach IMG_8242
Reflections Palm Beach

With the big seas closing the beaches, and its being a public holiday, even though I went late to the beach, there were still a lot of people at the rockpool and I didn't feel comfortable with the thought of leaving my camera with my things as I swam. So I walked the beach instead.

Walking north and looking landwards against the sun, there was a shroud of sea mist, giving a wonderful light.

But coming back, I saw this reflection in the smooth water surface of a receding wave. Or more to the point, I didn't. I saw the wonderful smooth surface. Only when I had captured the image, did I see the reflections.

Is this innate or is it learnt, this failure to observe the intangible and the evanescent?

Sunlight through sea mist IMG_8224
Sunlight through sea mist and Norfolk Island Pines

(Both images best viewed large. Click on them, then go to All sizes and click on large.)

No comments: