Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The fonts went sadly awry

I have spent all morning fiddling with this blog: firstly, trying to get threed's photos up in a manner acceptable to me, then, trying to fix the fonts which went sadly awry as a consequence of my post, and lastly, trying to put in links properly. (When one writes a message in Flickr involving a link, the necessary HTML is generated for you. On this site, one has to bumble around for oneself, but as you can see, my links now a) exist, and b) form part of a coherent sentence.)

I thought I had largely ceased to covet things. Not so. I have a new wireless mouse to prove otherwise. It came with false advertising: no battery from Singapore as stated. I bunged in a battery. It works. But has no switch to turn it off. I have rung the retailer and told them that they need to improve their game. They offered to take it back, but I suspect I am too lazy to do more than alert them that they are breaking the law, selling these items minus battery. (It is clearly the fault of the company doing the packaging: there was no tampering.) So for anyone wishing to acquire a wireless mouse, perhaps you should check that a) all advertised parts are present and b) there is a switch to turn the damned thing off.

No comments: