Monday, December 22, 2008

Figs in Hyde Park

Figs IMG_3815
Figs in Hyde Park

Was with R. yesterday. She is profoundly depressed and there is nothing I can do.

We went shopping. I had wanted to choose a gift for her, with her. I ended up buying dresses for the grandchildren and nothing for her, and when I left her, I was leaving her to see them. It makes me miserable to see her so sad.

She is dreading coming up to her father's and I am frightened about her driving, when she is not happy. But I know that when we drive together and are slightly on edge, we both drive worse, so it makes no sense to offer to drive her to Pokolbin. (Not that she would be likely to accept.)

(The photo was taken on the walk from her place to go shopping at DJs. Hyde Park was lovely, except for the fact that they have removed all the Morton Bays next to St Mary's and now there is no lovely cloak of green to distance that monstrous pile.)

No comments: