Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weekend

Engraving IMG_1672
Engraving by Nicole, hanging in Rachel's flat

Went to Rachel's this last weekend, so she could look after me.

We had a thoroughly girly and expensive weekend: took her broken ring to Hardy's to be rebuilt, bought some bras. Then went to DJ's noodle bar for lunch. The queue was long and it hurts for me to stand, so Rachel queued, and I bought some coffee, and not content with that whipped up to the table cloth section and managed to buy a table cloth. The transaction completed,the phone rang and I jumped the queue to sit down and await my previously ordered lunch.

Revived, we then went off to CUE and I persuaded Rachel (I hope not too hard), to buy some dresses. We then went back to her flat and I lay down and had a rest.

Somewhere in the weekend, and I think it was the Saturday, we took in Tropic Thunder at Fox studios. It was the best, the funniest comedy I have seen in a long time. I could even become a fan of Ben Stiller. No holds barred, stacks of in-jokes and amazing conversations, loads of blood and gore, brilliant take on war movies, and very, very funny.

No comments: