Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Unable to walk

Lily leaves Southbank IMG_1497

Lily leaves. Southbank Winter morning

It's been an interesting week. Completely incapable of walking and in pain, things have been pretty miserable.

But the extremely upside of it all has been that I have become so bored with reciting my tale of woe that I am now finally, finally, starting to talk to the people in college. And enjoying it.

I have also learnt that the UQ security service exists not just to protect the denizens of UQ, but picks up the moribund and less than moribund from anywhere on the campus and takes them to anywhere on the campus.

So, on Saturday last, I fancied a swim. The security service indicated a possible delay ("Saturday's our busiest day"), but took me to and from the college to the pool. How about that? Not bad, eh?

No comments: