Friday, August 15, 2008

Looking silly

Fur coat IMG_1576
Mink

Yesterday, I was a bit over ambitious on returning from being pushed and pummelled, and having to walk from Edward Street to North Quay, I encountered for the first time, David Jones. With only a skirt to my name apart from jeans which I wear everywhere, I wanted to see if I could find something nice.

Well, the up escalator is some distance from the entrance and by the time I got up it, I was reduced to crawling. Being something of an exhibitionist, I wondered how long it would take before anyone noticed this woman in her mink, sandshoes, jeans and backpack, making her way along the floor in monkey fashion. (Some time is the answer.)

(DJ's and a kind lady did finally take pity on me, giving me some water to take my various prescription painkillers, and then I surprised myself by buying a dress...)

(The mink is a present from my sister and it has and is being a great comfort while I am not feeling well and am so ridiculously sorry for myself.)

The photo I took today. (I'm not quite sure what the response would have been had I asked a passerby to photograph that very ridiculous apparition.)

No comments: