Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Heading off for WA

In the Qantas lounge at Brisbane Airport, heading off for WA, to present what we propose to solve their problem.

Not really properly organised, my slides need to be redone tomorrow. Today was spent at a PG orientation course, which was very much the Curate's egg. And I oscillate as usual between negativity and positivity.

I think I need to relax. This is a start, not a conclusion and as a start it is entirely dubious and certainly not the answer.

Tower IMG_0291trimmed
This looks to me like a lighthouse. West End, Brisbane

And, I would very much like to know the story about this.

2 comments:

Merricks said...

I have now learned that this was a shot tower.

Merricks said...

Or so I thought. Yesterday, I took a cruise down the river to LonePine sanctuary complete with amplified commentary.

According to the commentary, this was a gas cracking tower from the days when Brisbane was lit by gaslight.