Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Countries I've been to

I was checking out someone on Flickr, by looking at his profile, and lo and behold there was something like the map below. Doodling through the possibilities, I was minded to create my own, but how false it is. I have actually visited every state and territory of Australia, but the linear tracings of my paths, reveal that I have seen bugger-all, although, now in my seventh decade, I am working on it. I have certainly not yet visited the North Island of NZ and the south is so wonderful, that that is where I would be tempted to return. Sadly, the map is so USA-centric that the country of my birth (Australia) and that wonderful country to the east (NZ) are not visible (and nor is New Caledonia), so I look like a European (6 weeks from a lifetime???).



create your own visited countries map

The photo is from my visit to Patonga Creek, and was taken on the road back.

Acacia linifolia IMG_7982
Acacia linifolia
(Growing in Brisbane Water NP at the top of Mount Ettalong, amidst the lovely grey of dead branches and wonderful chaotically resurgent and beautiful new growth after a fire probably a year ago. Another December flowering acacia. Beautiful.)

No comments: