Friday, September 2, 2011

Return

Waratah IMG_1045
Waratah, in the Broken Bay NP, just north across the Hawkesbury.

Tea tree IMG_1072
Tea tree, at the end of the street.

Acacia IMG_1076
Acacia sophorae seedpods. Earlier in the year the leaves were fresh and full of light. Now they are battered, insect chewed and wind broken.

I am slowly returning to life here. But I am feeling more cheerful. I have work to do and once more have plans.

So many tea trees are out now and this one is from the bottom of the street as is the wattle whose pods I haven't seen before. The splendid waratah is from a walk I did with R. last Sunday who is planning on walking to Everest Base camp in December. So she needs to get fit for walking and I need to get fit. It was a splendid day, a beautiful walk, and the return late afternoon, down the mouth of the Hawkesbury by water taxi, made it pure perfection.

These photos are from my iphone. Still existing with the iphone camera!! I need to earn some money.

No comments: