Sunday, March 27, 2011

Planes

Clair's planes IMG_3597
Clair's planes

Clair had a party to celebrate my final seminar, and I slept there overnight. She has taken up model aeroplane flying as something to do with her father, and now has these four planes, with ambitions for many more, is on the club committee, and writes their newsletter. Talking to her, you, too, want to start flying immediately.

There was so much to carry home. The computer weighs a tonne. So I came straight home to Ruth's, fell on the bed and slept. But first I saw this lovely mistletoe, whose photo does not do it justice.

Mistletoe IMG_3603
Mistletoe, growing on a camphor laurel at Lutwyche cemetery, Kedron.

And this morning and yesterday, I have been working on my thesis, with an interruption this morning of putting out the washing, and of going to Stafford City to do the weekly shop..

Ruth just knocked on my door to show me this
(also shown here). And now I have finally found the original posting on reddit. (Ruth's nephew had a terrible accident a year ago. His prosthetic leg is a stunning piece of art.)

No comments: