Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Flickr

Petrophile linearis IMG_4378
Petrophile linearis (Kensington bushland, suburban Perth, October)

I have discovered the joys of the internet with Flickr. In particular, all the myriad ways one finds photos one likes. The finding of people whose responses and photos you like...

When someone finds and comments on a photo of mine, I probably look at the profile first and then the photos. However, this morning I found a photo and wanted to comment and then decided to pull my head in. Too political. In checking out whether I did want to comment I explored Awcmon's photos, and found this, which I thought was worth noting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awcmon/1537021723/in/set-72157600656315664/
(I can't send you easily to the image, but from the text below, you can see that it's the picture of a marine.)

I AM A LEAN, MEAN, GREEN, AMPHIBIOUS MONSTER MADE OF BLOOD AND GUTS WHO AROSE FROM THE FIERY DEPTHS OF HELL, WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO PERPETUATE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION UPON THE FESTERING OF ANTI-AMERICANS THROUGHOUT THE GLOBE, WHENEVER, WHEREVER IT MAY ARISE. AND, WHEN MY TIME COMES I'LL DIE A GLORIOUS DEATH ON THE BATTLEFIELD, GIVING MY LIFE FOR MOM, APPLE PIE AND THE AMERICAN FLAG. WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY. AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERRAN HIS PERIMETER, STOLE THE GLOBE AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW EVER SINCE. WE LIVE LIKE SOLDIERS, TALK LIKE SAILORS, AND SLAP THE HELL OUT OF BOTH OF THEM. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD

And this is the one which sent me on a search through his photos, to see if I wanted to comment.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/awcmon/2068454686/
I was startled by the (necessarily) huge size of the military hospital and wanted to post a comment on America’s policy of waging war on any country she decides to take a stick to.

No comments: