Saturday, November 24, 2007

Election Day

Election Day. In the only vote (the Senate) which counts in my electorate I managed to screw up: I voted below the line and thus, probably contributed to the fragmentation of the Senate.

I had planned not to watch the election coverage, but my West Australian daughter was already celebrating the defeat of the Howard government, so I tuned in. I only hope he is also defeated in Bennelong.

When Howard won the Senate, he sowed the seeds of his defeat. His hubris, in pushing through the IR laws, with no mandate, has brought him down. Sadly, Kevin Rudd will be enormously constricted in trying to govern as he will not have a Senate majority. One great plus, for the Commonwealth of Australia, is that with all states also being Labor, Rudd has an enormous opportunity to redress the starving of the states by the previous Coalition government and destruction of our public schools and public hospitals.



Agapanthus IMG_6838

It feels like Christmas already with the Agapanthus (Agapanthus praecox) now flowering all along Whale Beach Road.

No comments: