Saturday, September 3, 2016

I am chucking out books...

I'm chucking out books..

But before I chuck them outI reread them. And am rediscovering Margaret Atwood.

I was born, I would have begun once....

Rip. crumple, up in flames, out the window.

I was born, I grew up, I studied , I loved, I married, I procreated, I sais, I wrote, all gone now. I went, I saw, I did. Farewell crumbling turrets of historic interest, farewell icebergs and war monuments, all those young stone men with eyes upturned, and risky voyages teeming with germs, and dubious hotels, and doorways opening both in and out. Farewell friends and lovers, you've stipped from view, erased, defaced: I know you once had hairdos and told jokes, but I can't recall them. Into the ground with you, my tender fur-brained cats and dogs, and horses and mice as well: I adored you, dozens of you, but what were your names?....



Muogamarra NR: Open Day 28/08/2016

No comments: