Friday, March 2, 2012

Going home

Crossing IMG_1506
Walking to Rachel's. Year of the Dragon plantings on what now serves as forecourt to that temple of superstition, St Mary's.

I went for a job interview in Newcastle yesterday, which entailed catching public transport to the city on Tuesday, and was to have seen me catching a return bus some time this morning (essentially a 3 day expedition with 6 hours travelling on the train to & from Newcastle...). But I got distracted and worked until 3, at which time returning home became an impossibility. (Two hours on a crowded lurching bus and an empty tum to finally take a 1 km walk along roads with no footpath in the poor visibility of rain and oncoming night, was too much for me.) I have thrown myself on Rachel's mercy and will sleep tonight at her place and make my way home tomorrow, preferably well fed and on an uncrowded bus and not wanting to be sick for the last half hour of the journey....

1 comment:

HappyHobbit said...

Good luck with the interview result :-)